[rollei_list] Re: ...was Avedon OT Time

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 17:22:52 +0000 (GMT)

On Dec 20, 2010, at 11:10 AM, Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good old Wikipedia. Cesium is no longer the scientific standard of the
second... it is not precise enough.

Eric Goldstein

That's the beauty of Wikipedia, if you know that something is wrong, you can go in and fix it yourself!
I'm not sure that the Cesium has been supeceeded,
This bunch (The US national institute of standards) also seem to feel its valid:
http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/second.html
There may be experimental work which has developed a more accurate time standard, however adapting that into international law, can take time.  Quite seriously, I'd love a reference.
All the best
Dr Laurence Cuffe