[rollei_list] Re: [rolleiusers] Wooden tripods

  • From: "Robert Lilley" <54moggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 09:16:33 -0400

Dennis,

You probably know about Bostick & Sullivan in Santa Fe, NM -
www.bostick-sullivan.com.  I purchase my large format chemistry and BW film
from them, to include materials for platinum printing.  I know they've
talked to me extensively about making large negatives on inkjet printers -
they are also big on pyro too.  I forget the guy's name (I think it's the
son of Sullivan) but he is very helpful.  I have never tried the inkjet
route as I'll just reach for my 5x7 or 8x10 and avoid the issue like you
are.  Perhaps they could help with the inkjet approach though.  Who was it,
I think Weston who said "if it doesn't weigh fifty pounds, it's not worth
taking into the field".  I'd rather not lug the big guys around - but so far
it's the only sure way of handling contact printing I know of.

Rob