[rollei_list] Re: [rolleiusers] Wooden tripods

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 21:35:55 -0400

The tightening on these Gitzos seem to work perfectly. Now I guess they're
even better I've not tried this years models yet.
Hate to say it but the best thing every happen to Gitzo is getting bought
out by Manfrotto = Bogen. Nothing bogus about them.
French engineering and design tweaked like crazy by the Italians.
Perfection.

I came to Portland right out of college with the idea of spending two years
there. Next thing you know I'm living with a girl. That's what I mean when I
say things got out of hand.
To Gitzos have evolved unbelievably.
But I loved them when they were bad most mine were early 80's late 70's
vintage. You had to figure out the tightening thingies there was a learning
curve and I'm sure many people never figured it out having to bring them to
the camera store every few years to have Doug or somebody bail them out of a
fine bound up mess.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com