[rollei_list] Re: (mOT) - Printing square from bureau - and metric issues

  • From: eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 18:36:58 +0000

It is lamentable, if not contemptible, someone would make a machine that
produces at its best just under the line of acceptability. Considering that
digital technology is almost without limits, settings being options rather than
effort, why not 600ppi? Why not an optical machine that also processed digital,
rather than the other way around?

For anybody with the right situation, a business opporutnity is here. Get a
hold of older equipment, which I'm sure is on loading docks all over the U.S.
and Europe (just above dumpsters) and sell real photographic service. How many
of us would send our film in to be able to get real prints, and reliabley
indicative proofs, for only a little more per roll? I know I would.

E.

From: chatanooga@xxxxxxxxx
> [...]

>.....*When I first came to Paris, I had the nerve to show him some of my
>Rolleiflex photos. He exclaimed that if God had wanted us to photograph
>with
>a 2 1/4 by 2 1/4 camera, he would have put eyes on our bellies. So I bought
>a Leica *...............

>>On closer inspection of my 5" sq. (12.7cm) prints with a standard 8X
>>loupe, I can see pixels. They are fine, and finding them requires
>>keying in to the pattern - ignoring the illusion of the image - but,
>>for what it's worth, they are there.
>>
>>E.
>>---
>>Rollei List
>>
>>- Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>>- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'
>>in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org

>>- Online, searchable archives are available at

- Post to
rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

--- End Message ---