[rollei_list] Re: (mOT) - Printing square from bureau - and metric issues

  • From: chatanooga@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 19:35:22 +0100

Thanks Carlos. I've been doing some googling and I get the impression that
at least for Frontiers the 'cross' cutting is performed automatically within
the machine so you'd think any 'vertical' value - within reason - might be
possible.  But as you say its possible that this might be considered an
extra programming step.
I'm gonna ask the print shop here did they manually have to cut the paper
after the print.
rgds
CHat

On 1/17/07, Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It happens to me too, my lab charges a 21x21 print the
price for a 21x25 print because it seems the their
standard paper cut is 21x25, I guess they cut again
the paper for 21x21 and then the four cm is useless
for them,  the 100% automatized labs use photographic
paper cutter machines and a square print requires to
program the machine again.
I measured some of my prints, the 15x15 have
14.9x14.9cm really, but the prints 21x21 have 21x21
really and I also have 20x20cm prints from other lab
and they have 20x20cm really.-

All the best
Carlos