[rollei_list] Re: Trimming quotes, was: NEW ADMINISTRATIVE ANNOUNCEMENTS: PLEASE READ!

  • From: Hauke Fath <hauke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 14:47:43 +0200

At 12:32 Uhr -0300 5.6.2010, CarlosMFreaza wrote:
>Most main email softwares convert email addresses and internet URLs
>into active links automatically by default even if you use plain text,
>this is a very desirable feature IMO.

Erm. Top posting, and,

>2010/6/5 Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Hi Marc -
>>
>> Just confirming that this announcement is in plain text and the links
>> are made "hot" by Eudora, or in my case Firefox and Gmail...
>>
>> All is well!
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Eric

quoting from what you quoted but very obviously did not read, thus making
the FAQ point perfectly well:

>> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Marc James Small wrote:
>>> List Folks:

[...]

>>> d)  Please be careful to trim the quoted text in the message to which you
>>> are replying.  That is, please block-and-cut or whatever your software
>>> requires to reduce the quoted text to the bare minimum necessary to
>>>maintain
>>> continuity.  Most of you are already doing this quite nicely, but it would
>>> be best if we all were quite conscientious in doing so!

Guys -- is it really that hard to spend ten seconds of your time on
trimming, when it achieves a substantially improved reading experience for
everyone on the list?

Have a nice weekend,

        hauke