[rollei_list] Re: The little Rollei

  • From: "Richard Sintchak" <rich815@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 18:28:02 -0700

Awesome shots Mike!  I have the 35T myself and love it.  I shoot mostly
B&W.  At first I thought the guess focusing would be a problem but I use
hyperfocal estimates when I can but often I have been pretty spot on with
some of my shots taken almost wide open.  I paid $90 for mine but it ended
up needing a full lens re-adjustment as the elements were way off (some fool
took it apart and obviously did not know how to put it together again).
That cost another $75 but it's now tack sharp, the meter adjusted and works
great.

They are certainly an acquired taste and quirky and not for everyone.  Good
thing is they are indeed holding their value and trying one and not liking
it one can most likely get their investment back again.

Some of my shots with my Rollei 35T:

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=128417268&size=o

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=133696277&size=o

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=133693706&size=o

Richard S.

On 9/21/06, Mike Kovacs <mskovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The Rollei 35 pressure plate holds the film extremely flat and both the Tessar and Sonnar lenses are first rate. I find the meter plenty accurate for slide film. It is my #1 carry everywhere camera.

Here's some samples I shot a couple of weeks ago in the UK - London and
Cambridge.  Rollei 35 (Singapore), Tessar 40/3.5, Fuji Provia 100F:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/mskovacs/pv/UK/