[rollei_list] The little Rollei

  • From: ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:57:17 -0400

So who wants to tell me why the little Rollei 35 cameras are getting such unbelievable prices on EBay, and still cost as much as a decent SLR at camera stores? Are they really all that great?

I recently bought, new, a Rollie Giro 90 point&shoot, so my wife has something to use, and so that I can take a camera with me when space and time are a big concern. I took some ok shots, 1 roll just to see what I was playing with, and I have to confess I wasn't much impressed with it's light metering decisions. It seems very limited to certain situations - but maybe that's just point&shoot. I got it for a mere $90 including shipping... and I see now that they're even cheaper.

Any comments? Tips for P&S?

Thanks to all you who gave me recommendations for service/repair shops. I'm going to give Krikor (Krimar, NJ) a shot - I spoke to him on the phone, and sounded like decent fellow. I'll report my experience.

E.