[rollei_list] Re: The Tone of the List or the List of the Tone,

  • From: ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 08:21:20 -0500

As a novice I have found the list invaluable. Perpetuating interest in the topic should be considered. Searching through archives does not give the confirmations a know-nothing investigator needs. There's nothing like an active group. I'm sure the questions and answers are old to some of you vets, but they're not to a lot of us.

I am thankful of all the effort that goes into maintaining this list, and would miss it should go down.

Elias Roustom

On Nov 9, 2007, at 10:05 AM, Neil Gould wrote:

Hi Marc,

Think of it:  would your life be less without the Rollei List?

As can be seen by the responses to the recent "Contrast and Resolution" topic, this list still has great educational value. I stay with the list because 1) I own and use Rollei cameras and don't possess the collective knowledge of the group. 2) I find the different perspectives about Rolleis from members enlightening... perhaps more so than the singular positions
of the "critical tomes", and 3) There are current needs and issues
involving Rolleis that get addressed on this list and nowhere else that I've found. A recent example would be the comments by Emanual Bigler about
the reliability of 6000 series circuitry.

Yes, my life would be less without the Rollei list. Thank you for
continuing to row the boat... your efforts are appreciated!

Regards,

Neil Gould