[rollei_list] Re: Old Xenotar and Pan F 50 combo resolving power and contrast

  • From: "Robert Lilley" <54moggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 08:47:05 -0500

I must say first off that I am an amateur and bewildered most of the time -
a mere babe wandering in the world of experts.  But I often wonder if we are
dealing with the "emperor's new clothes" when we show each other examples of
work dealing with particular aspect of a lens - or anything else analog for
that matter.  The silver crystals have been scanned, manipulated by
software, strained into a file format and sent over the internet to be
viewed at 72 lines per inch.

How would I know if it?s the lens or the software or what - Jeez it might
even be lens fairies?  I am really not trying to be cute here and Carlos
especially always has great pictures to show.  I guess I need to be educated
on how to see the original analog grandeur through all of this digital
flopping about.

Thanks,

Rob