[rollei_list] Re: Old Xenotar and Pan F 50 combo resolving power and contrast

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 11:51:31 -0300 (ART)

I always say the Web is not the right way to judge
lenses, films, cameras, etc. performances and I agree
with you Robert from this point of view, I only looked
for a way to link my last photographs with the topic
in discussion; anyway the digital manipulation has
limits at least talking about normal and real
photographs, as you need a good enlarger and a good
lens enlarger and a good neg to obtain a good analog
print, you also need a good neg and a good scanner to
obtain a good digital image from your neg, Photoshop
or Corel Photopaint could improve some points for the
image, but they work better if the original scanned
image is better, it has to do with your lens, your
camera, your neg or slide and your scanner quality.-

All the best
Carlos