[rollei_list] Re: Scanning sheets of colour negatives

  • From: "John Wild" <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 18:25:19 +0100

Thanks Laurence, I am open to all suggestions.

Having a Minolta Scan Multi MF film scanner, I get the all the quality
for an individual image I need but I just want to be able to 'contact'
sheets of negs quickly and cheaply for reference, so I can select the
images I want without having to squint through a magnifier over a light
box and try to mentally invert the negative.

It's something I've been thinking about for ages but only periodically
get the time to experiment. Technology changes so rapidly that I am
surprised nothing has been developed with this idea in mind.

I haven't given up on the flatbed idea yet, I need to try other
combinations. I might try a digital photograph of a sheet of negatives
on a lightbox. Apparently this works for single 35mm transparencies. I
can get quite resourceful if I think there is an easy (and cheap) way to
do something with equipment to hand. However, I usually spend more time
and money trying to find a way rather than getting the proper piece of
equipment in the first place. You may very well be able to say 'I told
you so' when I buy a V500 scanner in 6 months time........ ;-)

Regards

John