[rollei_list] Re: SL 2000 again

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 21:42:49 -0800

Interesting. Technical Pan was coated on thinner than standard 35mm film, I don't remember if other sizes were also on thin stock but I think sheet film was too. I don't know the reason for this, perhaps it was to improve resolution in some way. Was it the Hulcher camera that took 100 foot rolls of 35mm, maybe it was 70mm
Whatever it was there were tanks for it. Could also be used to develop 35mm motion picture test clips.

On 12/19/2015 5:40 PM, David Sadowski wrote:

As I recall, the film was very thin, so it would fit in a regular cassette.

On Dec 19, 2015 5:57 PM, "John Wild" <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

I found a stainless Ilford developing tank for 72 exposure film at
a camera fair last year. I immediately knew what it was and asked
how much. The vendor wanted silly money because “it was rare”. I
persuaded him that it wasn’t worth anything because the film was
no longer available. I won that argument so I now have a worthless
developing tank with nothing to develop in it!

John

On 19 Dec 2015, at 16:30, F.W. Stutterheim
<fwstutterheim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:fwstutterheim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> I have learned that Ilford marketed a thin 72 exposures film for
a short while.

> I forgot to add a link to images of the set. It shows the 72 exp
setting and the 2000 engraving on the shutter speed knob.

https://picasaweb.google.com/115545044602435168388/RolleiSL2000FOutfitForSale#5810208615003453810

> Ferdi.

- Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> with 'subscribe'
<//www.freelists.org>

<mailto:rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> with
'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into
www.freelists.org <//www.freelists.org>

Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
WB6KBL