[rollei_list] Rolleiflex SL35M and Kodak Ultramax 400

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 08:29:48 -0300

I carried the Rolleiflex 3,5F Planar as main camera and a Rolleiflex SL 35M
with a Rolleinar MC (Tokina) 4/80-200mm zoom as second camera when I
travelled to the Patagonia in 2011 to climb the Lanin volcano; my son
carried his digital camera; we assured the images this way. I did not climb
the mountain carrying the SL35M, the 3,5F only, but I used it during an
excursion in the Lanin National park, where the volcano is located. I did
not have the VSL3 E and the SL35 E yet, but the M worked very fine in spite
of its size and weight

Rolleinar-Tokina lenses were made with Hoya optical glass one of the best
optical glass manufacturer. The Multi Coated Rolleinar 4/80-200mm with 12
elements and 9 groups is a very good zoom and weighs as a prime tele- lens
4/200mm.
Climatic conditions were very difficult for these two shots (Kodak Ultramax
400, a true all terrain film):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/23748210152/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/23548523820/in/dateposted-public/