[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex photo among the best- 2010

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 08:19:32 -0300

2010/3/2 Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I like most my friends have been shooting full frame black border squares
> for decades. The idea that its best to crop them to a rectangle went out in
> the early 60's late 50's.

95 % of my 400+ shots with Rollei TLR cameras at Flickr are full frame
squares, sometimes the format is not a perfect square for a very few
pixels according the way you slide the neg in the scanner frame.
The idea about to crop the square to a rectangle is as old as the
square format and it happened due to some images composition
circumstances.
The idea that it's best to crop the square to a rectangle
systematically as an aesthetics and the like issue is a different
thing and beyond my aesthetics comprehension.