[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 3.5F with wrong seria lnumbers?

  • From: "Raid Amin" <ramin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 20:56:56 -0500

Carlos,

I fully understand what you mean. In my case, the lens is crystal-clean, and
this was the main reason why I accepted a partial refund and that I kept the
camera. I would not know whether it would be worthwhile to mail Harry the
camera for [hopefully] a similar statement on my lens. I will take a roll of
film with it tomorrow.

Raid

Raid;
      Identical lenses about design and construction could have differences
even brand new, if you add  factors like maintainance and use for an old lens,
differences can increase dramatically, and then my opinion is only valid for my
camera and lens.
About my 3.5F Planar 3.5/75 six elements, this lens was the only reason I kept
the camera when I received it, the camera working condition was not according
the seller description and he offered me to return my money, but in fact the
camera was very cheap really and then I thought about Harry Fleenor to repair
the camera because the lens looked excellent except for a thin fungus ring in
the first element around the edges, no important really and Harry has a lot of
spare parts if necessary.

Harry sent the Planar to John v.S. in Colorado and he removed the fungus
without problem, it was not necessary to recoat the first element.
Harry authorized me to comment his opinion about my Planar :"...While I was
adjusting the focus on the Rollei collimator I was impressed by the
sharpness of the lens on this Rolleiflex 3.5F". Please note Harry wrote on
"this" 3.5F, you couldn't take it like a general commentary about every Planar
on every 3.5F.
In practical use, I only could say this Planar is an excellent lens.

Carlos

      Yahoo! Cocina
Recetas prácticas y comida saludable
http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/