[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 3.5F with wrong seria lnumbers?

  • From: "Raid Amin" <ramin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 21:09:26 -0500

Carlos,

My long time workhorse has been the 1955 made 2.8D with the Planar. It is my
birth year, so I chose it optimistically as my reliable TLR camera. I sold off
a pretty looking 2.8E and a 2.8F. I also have a first version Tele Rollei which
has some decementing on the taking lens. It was meant for me; I bought it from
some person in Australia, then sold it to someone in Germany. It got some
damage in the mail to Germany, so I got is back. My third Rollei is a late
model MX-EVS with a Tessar. Lastly, I have the 3.5F. The 2.8 Planar is clearly
sharper than my 3.5 Tessar when using large apertures. I am trying to find a
niche for the Tessar so that it gets used more often. The 135 Sonnar in the
Tele appears to my eyes to be very sharp. I have not seen any effects yet due
to the decementing.

Raid