[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 3.5F with wrong seria lnumbers?

  • From: "Raid Amin" <ramin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 16:07:17 -0500

Hi Richard,
You cleared things up for me.
Thanks.

Raid

     I wonder about that repair man.
     According to Prochnow _Rollei Report 2_  the serial
number is correct. He identifies the camera as a 3.5F second
model. The serial numbers run from F- 2,300,000 through F-
2,241,499
     These cameras were supplied with either a Zeiss Planar
or Schneider Xenotar with Heidosmat finder lens made by the
same company that made the taking lens. Prochnow does not
indicate that different serial number sequences were used
for the different taking lenses.
     There appear to have been three versions of the 3.5F,
my German is very limited so I can't determine from the text
what the differences are.
     The Rollei film transport mechanism is pretty rugged,
mostly they just get sticky from old lubricant. They _can_
be broken and sometimes parts wear out due to very heavy
use. I wonder what happened to yours.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA