[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 2.8C and two developers

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 22:24:24 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Burck" <chris.burck@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 11:41 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 2.8C and two developers

Richard,

Yes, I understood from the earlier messages that the RS is a two part developer. However, since Kodak describes it as "to make 1 gallon" (for the small size), I took that to mean that the dilution is the dilution is the dilution, as it were. In other words, if the bottle indicates a dilution of 1:4 (or multiple dilution options), then that's your working
solution.

That detail about replenishing with half-strength solution sounds awful strange, though I admit that's not the only thing I find strange about T-Max. Kodak's Publication J-86 (which, oddly enough, doesn't specify a recommended dilution for the RS, though it does for the standard T-Max) makes no reference to such a practice. Where did you hear this?

I thought I saw it in one of the Kodak publications. I hope I have not confounded it with something else after all this time.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles