[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 2.8C and two developers

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 09:26:03 -0200

 For Chemistry in general, "stock solution" is a solution that can't
be used for its purposes directly, needing to be diluted to obtain a
working solution, it was the reason I wrote from the beginning Mr
Chris Burck was right _in general_; a clear sample in the photographic
world are the Kodak HC110 and Beutler A+B developers, the stock
solution can't be used as working solution and you need to dilute it
for a working solution. In other words, Kodak HC110 and Beutler
developers fit in the general definition. However it does not happen
for several developers, they don't fit in the general definition
because they are stock solutions and working solutions simultaneously.
If I mix and prepare Microdol, Microphen, ID11, Perceptol and the
like, I can use the original solution as working solution, it would be
a "full strength" working solution; but this original solution is also
a "stock solution" for two reasons: 1) I can dilute it to obtain a
different working solution, it will be a _working solution only_
because the solution will be discarded completely after to use it
once, a one shot developer for most cases.- 2) You can use and reuse
the the original solution several times keeping it in stock, as the
word "stock" indicates.

I use the Kodak T-Max Rs developer as stock solution and working
solution simultaneously. The Tmax RS developer does not exist before
to mix Parts A and B and adding water to complete 1 gallon, the
original liquids  are separated parts, they need to be mixed to be a
developer and they are mixed with water, _the developer is not diluted
in water since it does not exist without the water_ , the water is a
developer part as Part A and Part B, it's a third part. After you
obtained this final product, the T-Max RS developer formed with
A+B+water you could talk about to dilute this _stock solution_ or not.
I did not dilute my TMax RS stock solution, I use it as working
solution and I have it in stock from two years ago.

Carlos