[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 2.8C and two developers

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 13:31:35 -0200

I use the T-Max RS undiluted, the stock solution directly. Kodak
recommends almost 9 minutes at 20ºC (68ºF) for the T-Max 100 film and
7 minutes for T-Max 400 using the stock solution, these are more than
reasonable times to get a right development and I had developed the
T-Max RS for T-Max films only up to I developed the Ilford FP+ ISO 50
two days ago; Richard is right for some other films like the Ilford
50, devoloping time for this film is 4 minutes at 20ºC, a short time,
it's on the limit for a right development. I did not want to dilute
the RS because I used it several times and it is at least two years
old from I mixed the stock solution, I added two minutes to compensate
use and some underexposure.; anyway this was the last time I used this
solution, I'll buy a new RS, I like it for the T-Max films specially.
I did not use the T-Max RS according the Replenisher System method,
losing one of the the developer advantages; it was more comfortable to
avoid the RS method considering the number of rolls I use and develop
regularly...but the RS was useful to develop my lasts  Efke 25 film
sheets for the Rollei Plates adapter.

Last month I bought Ilford ID 11 developer, but the shop sent me
Perceptol by error, I'll use it for some T-Max 400 films I still have
in the freezer, I had obtained excellent results with the combo T-Max
400/Microdol-X.
BTW, I'm happy with the Beutler A+B, but it would be too grainy for
ISO 400 films.

Carlos

2014-01-30 Robert Meier <robertmeier@xxxxxxxxx>:
> People use T-Max undiluted??   3:1 was what I remember.
>

> On Jan 29, 2014, at 11:46 PM, Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "CarlosMFreaza" <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>

>>> 1,4-diphenyl-3-(phenylamino)-1H-1,2,4 triazolium hydroxide
>>> (2218-94-2). The weight or proportion for each component is not