[rollei_list] Re: Rolleicord IV Xenar Schneider at work

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 18:18:35 -0300

Mark, we had an intensive topic on this issue, I understand your point
and I agreed in part (or disagreed in part), you are mostly right
regarding developers with active solvents working on small negatives,
f.e. Rodinal does not have active solvent and works fine for MF and LF
negs diluted 1+25 (excellent contrast and good acutance), problem with
small negs is grain, this issue is not so significant with larger
negs:
I uploaded to my blog an image twice larger than that one in Flickr,
please click on thumbnail, you'll see the image quality does not
change and scaling the original TIFF  16 bits grey document you are on
a 11'x11' print:

http://itarphotos.blogspot.com/2010/02/px-125microdol-x-full-strength.html

and this is a 4786 x 1148 pixels PX 125/Microdol X full strength
image, (Please see the original size)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/4227455285/

BTW thanks for your interest; I appreciate your technical opinion.

Carlos