[rollei_list] Re: Rolleicord IV Xenar Schneider at work

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 06:45:42 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "CarlosMFreaza" <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2010 2:19 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Rolleicord IV Xenar Schneider at work

Thank you very much Marc and Richard for the suggestions, I already had the Xtol formula obtained from a web page dedicated to this
developer.

Richard, I couldn't find the patents numbers you mentioned, according Michael Covington in the webpage on Xtol, the US patent is 5,853,964 and this number works in Google patents, it is from 1998; anyway some of the components look difficult to find and they are not listed in
the Digitaltruth raw chemicals products list.
The formula is at the end of the page:
http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/xtol/

    I mis-typed.
USP 5,756,271  and USP 5,702875
I probably have this one too but downloaded it to be sure. The dry formula appears to be identical with the earlier patents. I will have to read it carefully to see what the differences are. The DPTA appears to be the only difficult chemical to obtain although Kodak Dimezone, the version of Phenidone used, may also be a problem. Sodium Metaborate (AKA Kodalk) can be made by adding sodium hydroxide and Borax in solution. Its interesting that much of the patent is taken up with a liquid concentrate version of the developer. AFAIK, no such has ever been marketed.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA