[rollei_list] Re: Rolleicord IV Xenar Schneider at work

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 21:44:27 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marc James Small" <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2010 7:14 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Rolleicord IV Xenar Schneider at work

At 05:55 PM 2/26/2010, CarlosMFreaza wrote:
>Perceptol is available here Richard, Xtol was never available, the >local Kodak did not and does not import it, anyway I'll think to >return to D-76, it is available easily and Romek, an Argentinean >photographic chemicals products factory sells raw chemicals to
>prepare D 76 and other formulas.

Carlos

You can mix XTol on your own.  It is a HIGHLY
recommended developer.  I can dig out the
mix-it-yourself formula if you are interested.

Marc

    The formula for Xtol in the second patent contains
Diethylenetriaminepentaacetic Acid Pentasodium Salt
I have no idea of how difficult this is to get. It appears to be sequestering agent for metal so its possible the developer will work without it.
    The patents are USP 5,755,271  and  5,853,964

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA