[rollei_list] Re: Rollei Users Book

  • From: Dennis Purdy <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 06:29:50 -0700

On May 9, 2008, at 03:30, chatanooga@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Got my copy a few minutes ago. Again thanks Daniel for your trojan work. There are some very strong and inspirational photographs here  - particularly like the 'wallpaper and chair' one. I'm curious though did people think that some of the color shots did not print very well - particularly where there are large expanses of one color?  This is quite evident on 'buoy' (one of mine, erhm..) and a few others.  Its interesting though that on the really good images you tend not to be side-tracked by this!
 Chat

I do see a little bit of streaking in the large sky areas in your "Buoy" and in Neil's "Garden of the Gods". Over all I thought the color printed well and Ferdi was very pleased with all his color. It is interesting how the images look different under different light sources. Some pigments must react differently to uv light than the incandescent. I prefer how my work looks just with lamp light. It is hard to know with the contrast whether it is from scanning or from printing. It was definitely worthwhile and worth the money to do the project, in my opinion, regardless of slight imperfections here and there.
Dennis