[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 3.5F Opton

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 06:25:41 -0300

2012/10/25 Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Carlos, with regard, do not try to teach your grandmother how to suck eggs.
> I wrote the book on this, after all.  Carl Zeiss Jena -- the East German
> guys -- continued to supply Zeiss Ikon (the West German guys) with the long
> lenses for the Contax RF system up through 1957 despite the litigation in
> the Netherlands.  For that matter, the Duonar was a CZJ product, as was the
> 2.8/80 Biometar on the Rolleiflex 2.8B.  The entire issue is quite muddy and
> murky.  CZJ versus CZ in the courts while CZJ continued to sell its products
> to Zeiss Ikon.  Go figure.  The Mutars came later.

Marc:
          It was not my purpose to teach you something, I only
mentioned some facts referred in the Carl Zeiss web-site about the
relationship between Oberkochen and Jena, it was an enlargement
regarding my first post where I talked about legal issues between both
companies. BTW, I have your book "Non-Leitz Leica Thread-Mount Lenses"
and it's plenty of interesting info and excellent lenses and cameras
images.