[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 3.5F Opton

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 18:52:39 -0300

2012/10/25 Robert Meier <robertmeier@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Carlos (and others) --
>
> I have gotten a 3.5F Whiteface that has neither a Planar nor a Xenotar, but
> instead has an Oberkochen OPTON Pl 75mm f3.5 lens.   Have you ever heard of
> that?

Yes Robert, _OPT_ische Werke _O_berkoche_N_, OPTON, Pl(anar), it was
the name Carl Zeiss Oberkochen used for some lenses to be sold to the
East countries during the Cold War due to legal issues with Carl Zeiss
Jena about Zeiss lenses name use, in other words your camera has a
regular Planar 3,5/75, 6 elements lens.