[rollei_list] Re: Quiet, Please! - LPM Image Resolution

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 15:11:03 -0500

Mark -

I am currently working with one of the major museums in North America
on a digital archiving project... well known for their modern,
progressive and surrealist pieces and extensive photography and works
on paper. I do not believe they have a single inkjet print. Of the
other major museums and collections with which I am acquainted, the
same thing applies... very limited or no inkjet.

I started my working career in NYC and still get down there several
times a month for family and professional obligations. The gallery
scene is just that... a scene. For the most part,  it means nothing...
it is commerce. There are a handful or serious gallery owners in the
US who have any sway with the major art community. A NYC gallery just
recently had a major exhibit which received critical acclaim and was
well received... (Picasso late works) and that was considered a
milestone and a first. Using galleries as a reference or guide for the
art world as a whole is, to put it bluntly, naive...

And as for making stuff up off the top of the head, if anyone is
guilty of generalizing the way of the world from their own, narrow and
limited experience, it is you. So please stop the personal insults.

Eric Goldstein