[rollei_list] Re: Our Uncle Bob, was Re: Limit of Rolleicord Triotar, prices

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 18:35:38 -0400

At 06:21 PM 10/12/2006, Allen Zak wrote:

In two of your posts on different subjects, you employed the phrase "and Bob's your uncle."
Since this phrase is unknown to me, may I ask: Is this a localism,
or did you lose a bet?

Allan

It is a British phrase, along the lines of, "and there you go" or "QED". I am multi-lingual: I can converse in Standard (Oxford) English and know a lot of its slang, and can also work in Middle American, with a decided Appalachian twist.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!