[rollei_list] Re: Rollei prices in 1954

  • From: Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 18:44:27 -0400

This became relevant to me in 1954 when first I lusted for a Rolleicord, then $149.50 at local dealers (then including Jewelry shops and department stores). As a full time student working only part time, it took a while to save enough money, and by then the 'cord V had been introduced. It was worth the wait. It was the only new Rollei I ever owned and had a Xenar of brilliant performance, not quite matched by the several Xenars passing in and out of my hands since then until my present MX-EVS. I felt like kissing it. Still do, although it's long gone.

Allen Zak

On Oct 12, 2006, at 5:36 PM, ERoustom wrote:

Or the price of an entry level basic (Rollieord) or serious (Rolleiflex) Nikon digi.

Thanks,

Elias

On Oct 12, 2006, at 5:25 PM, Carlos Manuel Freaza wrote:

I did two prices upgrades using a deflation inflation
calculator that I found from a NASA site, from memory
the index considers the prices variation for domestic
apparatus in the USA from 1913 till an estimated index
for 2009, and then:
Rolleicord with eveready case $149.50(1954)=$895
(2006)

Rolleiflex 2.8C with everready case $309.50
(1954)=$1845 (2006).-

All the best
Carlos

--- Rollei List