[rollei_list] Re: 'Old' Zeiss glass question... HFT and T*

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:23:07 +0000 (GMT)

Marc, then I'll write to Zeiss asking why they have
false info in their web site from 2001, and I'll also
ask them why they dedicated one of their official news
bulletin to publish false info without any advantage
for them.
Rollei manufactured thousands and thousands of HFT
Sonnar lenses in Singapore, according Prochnow only a
few were manufactured in Germany for sample purposes,
but also they manufactured HFT lenses for the SL 35
and other Rollei cameras manufactured in Singapore.
Acoording Prochnow, Rollei manufactured 250,000 normal
Rollei 35 S cameras in Singapore with Sonnar lenses
("Rollei 35, a camera history", page 103) Prochnow
HFT coated, made by Rollei (Some samples made by Carl
Zeiss) Complete system shifts for focusing.Retractable
lens barrel"; these 250,000 cameras were manufactured
from September 1974 to December 1980.Rollei had
enormous factories in Singapore, they manufactured the
aluminium plates for the cameras, shutters, lenses and
cameras and projectors parts, they had 5,000 workers
in Singapore...
Regarding Asahi and Zeiss, I only could say that I
have used and use excellent Takumar and Pentax lenses
and that the SMC multicoating works right if
necessary, I knew that this SMC multicoating had
relationship with Zeiss.-

All the best
Carlos

Correo Yahoo!