[rollei_list] Re: 'Old' Zeiss glass question... HFT and T*

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 01:29:46 +0000 (GMT)

Well, that was my original point Marc, that HFT and T*
are the same process, however the other point is that
Rollei developed with Zeiss the HFT to apply it for
the Zeiss lenses manufactured by Rollei in Singapore
under Rollei license as the Zeiss "Camera Lens News Nº
13, Spring 2001" explains... BYW, Prochnow says the
same thing in his book "Rollei 35, a camera history",
I don't think Prochnow could believe in hypes...
HFT is a process similar to Zeiss T*  and Rollei_Zeiss
co-developed, Rollei own the HFT process it is not a
Zeiss license.-

All the best
Carlos
 --- Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> At 11:02 PM 4/26/06 +0000, Carlos Manuel Freaza
> wrote:
> >I have some sources about Rollei HFT and Zeiss T*,
> one
> >of them is "Camera Lens News Nº 13, Spring 2001":
>

> Carlos
>
> That is all very interesting.   I hope you do not so
> blindly accept ALL
> advertising hype!  HFT is just the Zeiss T* process
> used by Rollei under
> licence from Zeiss.  It is not a distinct process
> despite what the guys in
> those grey flannel suits may say.
>
> Marc
>
> msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx