[rollei_list] Re: 'Old' Zeiss glass question... HFT and T*

  • From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 08:05:13 +0100

Hi Peter,
I believe the 15mm Takumar lens for 35mm is the same as the Zeiss, whether this was a collaboration or not I do not know but I imagine amortising the design costs of such a very expensive to make lens would make sense to both, particularly with the low sales volume inevitable for such an esoteric expensive piece. I believe Leica used the same design too until quite recently.
Frank

On 27 Apr, 2006, at 04:21, Peter K. wrote:

Were there any other joint work between Asahi and Zeiss? Just wondering because Asahi made some marvelous lenses so it would be interesting to find out if Zeiss were behind any of it.

Peter K

--- Rollei List