[rollei_list] Re: Off topic, classic photo paper

  • From: Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 15:49:00 -0400

Much less sensitive, all I can recall. There may have been tonal or other qualities to distinguish it from enlarging papers, but not discernible to someone like me struggling with the basics at the time.

Allen Zak

On Jul 17, 2012, at 3:43 PM, Robert Meier wrote:

How does a contact-printing paper like Velox or Azo differ from enlarging papers?

Robert

On Jul 17, 2012, at 2:36 PM, Allen Zak wrote:

Velox was the first paper I ever used. Before I had an enlarger, I used it to make contact prints from my Kodak Duoflex 620 negatives. When I started enlarging, I switched to Kodabromide for both contact printing and enlargements and had only occasional use for it after. This was in the mid-1950s. I don't know how long Velox was standard at Kodak, and since I was but a rookie photographer at the time, I am not competent to evaluate the product, except it provided my teenaged self with a whole lot of serious fun.

Allen Zak

On Jul 17, 2012, at 1:12 PM, Don Williams wrote:

Velox-

Does anyone out there remember using this paper?

How long was it a standard at Kodak?

Thanks,

DAW