[rollei_list] Re: Off topic, classic photo paper

  • From: Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 15:45:04 -0400

Come to think of it, I remember that the printing operation of newspapers for which I freelanced used Velox to make pages for the photo offset process. That extends the paper's timeline through the early 70s. I don't remember coming in contact with it ;D after that.

Allen Zak

On Jul 17, 2012, at 3:38 PM, Lnchmt wrote:

I used it for contact prints in HS photo class in the early 70's. Seems like it came in two contrast grades. My journalism advisor referred to paste-up ready prints as "veloxes" so it had became a generic term long before then, like xerox, perhaps.
Lance

From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] Off topic, classic photo paper
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 10:12 AM

Velox-

Does anyone out there remember using this paper?

How long was it a standard at Kodak?

Thanks,

DAW