[rollei_list] Re: OT:Photographic Chemistry

  • From: Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:37:18 -0500

On Feb 23, 2010, at 2:59 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

Paraphenylene Diamine is toxic but not madly so, its used in hair dye.
All the best
Laurence Cuffe

Lets hope we all started using rubber gloves and not identifying chemistry
by smell a long time ago.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Nope, too late for me. My right hand fingernails were brown from immersion in developer and I used to identify chemicals by smell and taste. That was decades ago, but would explain much.

Allen Zak