[rollei_list] Re: OT:Photographic Chemistry

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:58:52 -0500

> Nope, too late for me.  My right hand fingernails were brown from
> immersion in developer and I used to identify chemicals by smell and
> taste.  That was decades ago, but would explain much.
>
> Allen Zak

I did so for years but later in the environment of my college darkroom in
the mid 70s I was able to change. People got smarter. Peer group pressure.
That can fight die hard habits. Before that my hands were in bad shape at
the end of most printing sessions.
But of course using stuff like selenium toner if you didn't have the sense
to use rubber gloves then good luck.  That stuff smells like it would drop
you from ten feet away.

As my pappy used to tell me:
Its not the smell its the way it bites the eyes.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner