[rollei_list] Re: OT sort of: Mail Order Film Processing

  • From: Choiliefan@xxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 18:21:21 EDT

Gents,
Walmart does a good job with both C41 and E6 medium format.
A 120 roll, developed and printed small size costs about $1.30 but
turnaround is two to three weeks.
E6 processing, 120 or 220 costs about $7 per and is delivered uncut  and
rolled in a cardboard sleeve.

A recent roll of 6X9 on 120 came back with two negs printed emulsion  side up
but the color is magnificent.  Intent is to eventually scan  and print some
of these at home but the price is impossible to beat.
Have considered buying a liquid E6 developing kit from Freestyle but the  end
cost seems about the same right now.  I'd love to see a 4X5  transparency
someday so a home developing kit is in the future here.

I've actually had better luck getting decent, accurately focused prints on
medium format than 35mm using Walmart lately.  Reminds me how difficult it  was
to get 110 film properly done back in the day...  the prints were  always
fuzzy due to indifferent printing...  Home reprints on B&W  paper were tack
sharp
within reasonable size.
Health, Peace
Lance
Selma, NC 27576

In a message dated 10/22/2008 5:56:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
robertmeier@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Rob,

Is there a Walmart nearby?    They  process 120 film, sending it to Fujilabs.
  They do a good job at  very low prices.

Bob