[rollei_list] Re: OT sort of: Mail Order Film Processing

  • From: "Raid Amin" <ramin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:01:05 -0500

Walmart and Sam's Club.

From: rollei_list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rollei_list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Robert Lilley
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 9:53 AM
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [rollei_list] OT sort of: Mail Order Film Processing

Hi,

The last camera store with 120 film processing within reasonable
distance just went out of business.  So now I need to send out for
processing all my color film.  I am not a professional and rarely have
used custom color labs.  Can anyone recommend a lab on the east coast
that makes this easy?  Are there mail order envelopes specifically
designed for this?

I am also looking for a supply of light tight film holders to send out
4x5 inch and 9x12cm sheet film.  Fugi and Kodak have 'quick loader'
films available (only 4x5) that have their own light tight holders but
they are expensive to use.  I am tired of scrounging around for light
tight film bags in old film boxes.  I have not been able to find a ready
supply even on the internet such that I could pop one or two sheets into
a holder and send it out.

I think a good color lab would do well to make the mail order process
easy for their customers by supplying envelopes, light tight film
holders, etc.

Thanks!

Rob