[rollei_list] Re: OT: Where was thine, in '69?

  • From: jon.stanton@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei list <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 23:02:59 +0000 (UTC)

I was a music student at the Chicago Conservatory College (64 E Van Buren for
you Chicagoans) and an academic student at Roosevelt Univ. a block away..
Midway between the two schools was a pizza place named "The Yacht Club" on
South Wabash. The "Club" was the filthiest, dirtiest, seediest restaurant on
the south end of the "Loop" but the food was cheap. My lady friend Bonnie and I
watched the landing over the bars tv...she under the influence of a Mexican
herbal and me some liquid distilled from the Detroit River aka Stroh's Beer.  I
almost had her convinced that the landing and first step were both Hollywood...
After all who was holding the camera outside the capsule to photograph
Armstrong?