[rollei_list] Re: OT What does it mean?

  • From: Nick Roberts <nickbroberts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 15:06:40 +0000 (GMT)

--- "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think you have that reversed. After all the Tessar
> is the original. Kind
> of like a original Rembrandt (the Tessar) and a
> print (the Xenar). :-)

More like a successful attempt to make a silk purse
(Xenar) out of a sow's ear (Tessar). ;)

> And while we are at it, Planar rules!

I did a search to find out what on earth "Planar
rules" might be. I found out that it's apparantly
Appendix 2 of the "Tome of the Mad Gods" which "is a
spellbook written by a mad dwarven archmage"
(honestly, I'm not making this up - see
http://tinyurl.com/98tzr for more details), which
seems appropriate. ;)

So in the circumstances, clearly the sane prefer the
Xenotar!

Nick

NEW Yahoo! Cars - sell your car and browse thousands of new and used cars
online! http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/