[rollei_list] Re: OT: Schneider enlarger lenses

  • From: ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 10:54:26 -0400

Thank you Laurence, Richard, Charlie, Marc, and Jerry for your helpful input. I found the web page with date listings here: http:// www.schneiderkreuznach.com/service/serie.htm It seems I have a 1961 75mm Componar and a 1963 50mm Componar. I've given them a good cleaning, and they are practically flawless. I'll give these a try before I go shopping for anything else, but not being so experienced with enlarging lenses, how does one go about finding replacements - are there standard lens/board threadings?

Next task is to frame out a dark room in the basement.

By the way, with this kit came three old boxes (secured with string) of AGFA Enlarging Double Weight Glossy paper - FSC Photo Products is on the top of the red and white box. Based on printing and graphics I'm guessing these boxes are from the 70's. I'll have to wait to open these, but if they're not moldy I bet the sheets are still good.

Elias