[rollei_list] Re: OT: Schneider enlarger lenses

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 18:30:51 -0700

At 08:51 PM 6/3/2007 -0400, Bernard wrote:

You will also need to get some 39mm retaining rings, unless your lens boards are threaded (most aren't).

All of the lensboards for the Durst 606 that I had, were already threaded at 39mm. I had a recessed board for my 50mm lens and a flat board for my 90mm lens. They were Componons. I used the 606 for nearly 30 years. I bought it new in the early 60's with the extended (tall) column and used it for my commercial 35mm & MF work. It was a great little enlarger. I even printed a lot of color with it using CP filters in the built-in filter tray. I had one of those Kodak rotary color drums - print goes on the outside, face down on the drum, under a mesh and the chemistry is brought up to the emulsion via the dimpled drum. It worked great. Fond memories.

Jim