[rollei_list] Re: OT Re: Scanning 120 film

  • From: Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 08:33:32 -0500

Hi Neil,
Thank you for the reply. The reason I asked the question was that Ibecome interested in scanning midway through your thread.

A friend has started to scan my negatives on his Imacon. He is teaching me how to edit them in Photoshop. I've thought about doing the scanning myself. What scanner do you use?

I see that people use Vuescan. I googled it. Do you use it? I know people use Imageprint for their printers and I know why, but I don't know why people use Vuecan.

Sorry for the ignorance. I am a darkroom holdout. The digital darkroom has a seductive quality, but my eyes like the look of silver prints still. Silver prints have the glow that you see in paintings, the glazed effect. Digital has yet to achieve that. The new papers are promising, however.

Best--Doug