[rollei_list] Re: OT Re: Scanning 120 film

  • From: David Dodge <dannysoar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 21:47:46 -0500

I have an Epson 4990 that I use for everything but 35mm.
I find what works best is to lay the negative face down on the glass an then lay a piece of no glare glass on top of it, etched side down. Then I close the lid and scan with the "Film (with film area guide)" This eliminates negative pop and Newton's rings.

There are 4 glass surfaces that can pick up dust. But if I Windex everything, I get most of it, except what ever is on the film. Most of these yield to the polonium magic brush and a quick squirt of canned air. I'm not very meticulous as I can easily spot out any that persist with the clone tool.
party on
David

    Scanning a slide/negative on an embedded printer (like a Nikon
    where you
    insert the framed slides/negatives) should give less dust/better
    results, or
    am I wrong?

    Kind regards
    Frederic