[rollei_list] Re: OT Re: Scanning 120 film

  • From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 08:33:56 -0500

No arguments, Jim, just adding some facts from the working world. I
agree that the Polaroid/Microtek should be considered for Rollei/MF
scanning, and as I said I assisted a working pro in getting one,
particularly as they can be had for about a third of the $1500 price
point and half the price you mentioned, which to me makes more sense
for acquiring a 6+ year old design...

There are other used high quality scanners which should also be
considered... any number of people I know still use a Leafscan 45s as
their weapon of choice for very high quality MF and LF. Slow like the
Polaroid/Microtek and needs a dedicated legacy Mac setup but with time
and care the results are truly impressive with more format options...
Also around $500 total investment...

Imacon was mentioned... the 343 can be had used for safely under the
specified price point and this is truly a top end device... in a
league apart from the other options discussed...

Eric Goldstein