[rollei_list] Re: OT: Lens hoods, was: A Dark Side Update

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 18:31:21 -0300

Yes Eric, I think official prices from the importer were reference
prices only, it's like some B&H prices, they have a price for some
items with the word "call" or "email", you send the email and the
price is lower than the price in the list, in general the difference
is pretty slight, but sometimes it could be significant; the price for
a 2.8C basic kit mentioned previously was $291.50 in 1954 (there was a
thread some time ago where I wrote this price today, perhaps close to
$2,500 from memory). A lens hood for the 2.8C costed $6.95 in 1954,
some sellers could include it within the camera price.

Carlos