[rollei_list] Re: OT: Health Care Costs

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 21:32:35 -0500

Hi Doug,

> The bills of people without insurance are already being passed on to
> us. They pass them along in the form of higher rates. The insurance
> companies don't lose in this game. We are already paying for the
> uninsured whether we realize it or not.

Well...the solution isn't to make you pay for it, the solution is to not let
them pass it on.  Geeze, if one of my clients doesn't pay me, I can't just
pass on the cost to my next client!

This is just like subsidies for prescription drugs...instead of paying into
the profits of these companies by providing subsidies, the costs should just
be lowered on the goods.  Just because a company offers a drug (or a
service) that doesn't mean you're entitled to it.

Regards,

Austin