[rollei_list] Re: OT: Health Care Costs

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 18:35:50 -0400

At 03:44 PM 3/22/2010, Laurence Cuffe wrote:

>I find that I prefer to read book reviews by people who have read the
>books. Similarly I prefer film commentary by people who have seen the
>movie, rather than just read the reviews.  Hence its relevant.  This
>movie is particularly polemic and polarizing, hence my question.

>As he operates within a capitalist system I'm sure money changed hands
>somewhere on your behalf.
>I think one disadvantage of the internet has been the balkanization of
>news sources which make it harder for people to find the common ground
>nescescary for rational discussion.  While you imagery and language
>are at times colorful, they generally only serve to add heat, not
>light to the debate.

Larry

Again, whether I have viewed the movie is absolutely irrelevant to whether or not it is trash. I certainly did not provide a review: I simply pointed out that the flagrant dishonesty in the movie's content was well documented, as is the case.

Second, Moore makes a practice of providing free copies of his movies, once they are out of theaters, to Green and Peace and suchlike Whacko groups. It is not hard to find some church which is showing his schlockumentaries. And they generally do not charge admission, but just ask for contributions which I, of course, ignored.

Moore did mention this practice to Hannity in his interview, when was why I went looking for a local forum, and it was not hard to find a church about ten miles from my house which had afternoon showings for a week, a month or so back. So, no, I paid nothing to view this movie and the group which sponsored it only had to pay for the electricity to run the projector. I was one of four folks who watched the film, and they tried to get a group discussion going afterwards, but two of us left at that point -- the other fellow, like me, had come to see if the film was as bad as it was said to be. And he felt that it was.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!