[rollei_list] Re: OT: Good bye to Rollei Users???

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 16:40:28 -0800

The thing about Carlos' photographs is... and they may not be what would be called 'fine art', they give us all a face and a place to associate with Carlos. I personally like this. I like know where my fellow listers live and work. This is what is so great about Nathan's travelog on the LEG, it's where he lives and travels for his work (and play). He lives in Almere, works in Eindnoven, has relatives in Copenhagen, Wroclaw, and Gdansk. And has fun in Zurich. It's like Nathan is an old friend. I know his family and his haunts. I feel the same way about Carlos. This gives a 'whole' picture of the people who make these lists worthwhile.

On the LEG, it is really easy to NOT read these posts since the subject line usually tells that there are photo links (PAW, PAD, etc.). But even if you open one of these posts, you do not have to follow the photo link(s).

Jim

At 07:22 AM 3/13/2007 -0700, Marvin Wallace wrote:

In support of Mark, although I'm so happy that someone continually takes photographs and employs their camera for what it was made for; a constant stream of personal images of family and very near vicinity is really no contribution at all. In a sense they demonstrate how little can be archived with a fine machine! The images posted are basically a family album, the technique is often excellent but the images strikingly banal, I can understand why the moderators don't want to pay for that.
Not wishing to offend anyone,
Marvin.